Why Choose Laminate Flooring
You’ll be amazed how laminate flooring captures the sophisticated beauty and design of the finest natural hardwood, ceramic tile and stone, yet at a fraction of the cost. Laminate offers many great features and benefits that you’d wouldn’t expect in so affordable a flooring option – textured surfaces, trend-setting styles, easy care, scratch and stain resistance, durability . . . just to name a few!
The layers of laminate flooring
Laminate is generally made up of a combination of wood-based materials, typically configured into the following four layers:
- A bottom, backing layer that balances the plank or tile and keeps it straight. This layer also seals the board for moisture protection. This layer is often a built-in substitute for underlayment.
- A high-density core layer that makes up the bulk of the laminate product. This layer is what gives laminate its strength and stability.
- A decorative layer featuring a high-quality, photorealistic printed design. This can technically be anything, but typically features an image of traditional natural flooring materials such as hardwood, stone or ceramic tile.
- A top wear layer that gives each plank a luster and protection from wear, scratches, UV light and stains.
Laminate vs hardwood
Laminate flooring vs. Hardwood flooring
Hardwood flooring is highly sought after for the beauty and value it adds to a home’s design. Newer homes being constructed and sold at lower price points are capturing that beauty in laminate flooring, which mimics wood’s warm, natural character. These two types of flooring may look identical in many ways, but how do they stack up against one another?
- Made from harvested trees
- Susceptible to scratching, moisture damage, and wear, all of which can add to the character of your home over time
- Can be refinished to sand down imperfections, lasting for decades
- Made from composite wood materials, which are up to 50% less expensive to manufacture and install than hardwood
- Scratch-resistant, moisture-resistant, and wear-resistant
- Easy to clean, but not easy to repair
- Snaps together for easy installation
Laminate flooring styles
Perhaps the best advantage that laminate floors have over hardwood is their ability to affordably replicate the look of any wood species or color in a variety of styles. On top of that, laminate flooring can be made to look like natural stone or ceramic tile.
At Fleury’s Floor Covering, you’ll find laminate in smooth and hand-scraped textures, in wide or thin planks, and built for various installation methods (including glue-less, glued-down, pre-glued and with underlayment attached).
Explore our laminate collections for your perfect floor.
What are people saying about us?
We're happy to talk to you about everything we do here at Fleury's Floor Covering - but sometimes, our customers do a better job than we do! Read our reviews and hear from the many wonderful folks who have given us their business over the years.